Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Pierced



I was drawn more to the previous photo of the sword in the sky last night. As I worked with it, God was showing me some things. I starting researching scripture to align with the word what the photo was showing me:

What I thought was the handle originally, really was the tip pointing down towards earth...the WORD in flesh coming to earth. The tip seemed to be piercing through a layer (of flesh), and blood seemed to be spilling out from the wound, covering the earth. The sword of the Spirit, the WORD...the WORD was with God, (Jesus), sent to earth to bear the sins of many on the cross.
In Isaiah (written before Christ had come to earth as man) it is written:

But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace.
Isaiah 53:5

...he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors,
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.
Is. 53:12


Amazing prophecy foretold by Isaiah. God continues in this present day to strengthen and confirm His Word and truth to us in mysterious ways.

No comments: