Wednesday, November 28, 2007

An Army of Napkins



I have been so busy with my daughter's wedding, Thanksgiving dinner, and preparing for a Christmas by Candlelight tomorrow evening at church, that I have not been to blogworld. Part of the preparation for the wedding reception was sewing 200 cloth napkins. As I had them starched and folded on the counter, they reminded me of soldiers. The Acts 19 scripture of miracles happening through handkerchiefs came to mind.

I began thinking about how these napkins would touch people's mouths, to clean them up. I prayed over them that they would bring longing for deeper relationship with God, along with joy, and healing to those they touched. They were sent out prayed over, and I knew they would bless many.

By the way, the wedding was great fun, and a beautiful day! It only went off with one hitch: the bride and groom! (groan)

3 comments:

karen said...

It was gorgeous. Lots of love went into every bit of it--you knocked yourself out. And, you were a knockout! (groan)

So was the bride!! RADIANT!

Missy said...

Good morning, Connie!

What fun! Now a little rest? I never noticed verse 11 before. Thanks for teaching me something new today.

Oh, and it took me a minute, but I got it. {c:

Connie said...

Thanks for being there, Karen!
Missy, I found verse 11 while looking for something else. I never noticed it before that, either! God's good that way!