Friday, November 2, 2007

Immeasurably more...




My friends had told me she had been visiting their cabin and would occasionally take a peanut from their fingers. I longed for her to trust me enough to have the same experience during my visit. I sat as a statue on the front porch of the cabin and waited for her. My friend had left me alone outside to see if she would approach me. She came timidly, taking a step, stopping, taking another; cautiously watching for any quick movement or reason to flee. I started singing softly in the Spirit. We made eye contact and the trust was secure... she came and grasped the peanut from my fingers, then dashed away. I sat there with tears streaming down my face. What an incredible gift God had prepared for me! Beautiful "Light" came several times a day when I was there. I will never forget her!

Praise to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,
Eph. 3:20

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Connie, I really like this new format - the blog, that is. It's nice to be able to look back through all the posts at one's convenience.

Beautiful work!! Thank you!

Yolanda Carrozza
(We met at the MetLife-sponsored event at NY's Carlyle back in '04)

karen said...

Schweeeet! What a pretty girl!

Missy said...

Oh, Connie, these are incredible photos! Thank you so much for sharing.

Bar L. said...

This is sooooooooooo cool! I would love to be that close to a fox.