Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Gardener





As we continued our journey out of Marble and over to the Carbondale area we pulled off at Paonia to visit a roadside market and vineyard. The swan gourds were beautiful, the Merlot grapes bountiful, and the Honey Crisp apples lip-smacking good! Come to find out, the owner knows my husband's cousin who is also growing vines for the wine up at Grand Junction.

Lee, the owner, welcomed me to take pictures of the the Merlot grapes. He explained that even though the top grape leaves were wrinkled and brown, the harvest would not take place until the lower leaves had given all their goodness to the ripening of the grapes. The grapes were draped with netting to keep the birds from destroying the crop. It was an enchanted time being able to see the work of the fields yield this beautiful harvest.

~~~~

I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. John 15:1

I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers...

This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
John 15:5,6,8

No comments: