Sunday, May 11, 2008

Little Flock



These two precious ones I know by name. They are mother and daughter. I have seen them almost every year when I visit Evergreen mountain.

I first met 'Little' (I named her) on the last morning of my annual autumn trip to Colorado. I was up early reading scripture while my friend was still sleeping. I was trying to drink in every bit of beauty from the mountain before leaving for the airport, and thanking God for the wonderful opportunity to get away to such a peaceful place. From the first day of my arrival my friend kept telling me that God had something really special for me. As I would see each incredible landscape or creature, she would reply, "Good, but that's not it!" I began to think we had not correctly identified the thing, or had missed it. Time was running out before the morning departure for home.

I was sitting in the big arm chair early in the morning with 'Boo' and 'Isabella' kitties nestled in at my side. I got the feeling that something besides them was watching me. I looked up to see 'Little' staring at me through the picture window. How did I know that this was the special gift God had for me? The scripture I was reading when I looked up was:

"Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." Luke 12:32

Hence, she was named 'Little." The one feeding with her in the picture is her daughter, 'Amber.' The deer that come to visit are now known as the 'Flocks.' Each one is quite different and has been named by my friends. I look forward especially to seeing these two at the end of this month when I go to visit the mountain and all the wonderful creatures (human and wildlife) that I so love.

I wanted to send this out as a blessing to mothers today.

No comments: