Saturday, May 17, 2008

Power Source



Last evening I saw the potential for a wonderful sunset, so scurried down to Missy Lane. I was frustrated with most of the openings to the sky, because power lines appeared in most of the views. In the middle of my 'attitude' I heard God say, "Work with me, here! My message for you is about POWER!"

I started thinking about what POWER had to do with the three electricity carrying poles in the picture. It started to be revealed as I thought about stages of spiritual growth my life. As a child and young adult, I felt that everything I accomplished was due to my hard work. Then I hit the wall, through many humbling circumstances, realizing that God often did for me what I could not do for myself. I became much less self-centered and started letting God grow in me a humble heart. As I have grown in the Lord, I now realize that the power in me is given to accomplish those things which are my assignments to pursue for HIS glory. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Those power lines were constructed by human beings because of the creative intelligence with which He designed us. The power source for our electricity, which provides power and light, is none other than the LIGHT and POWER source of all creation. Those poles disrupting the sunset just reminded me that He is the true power and light, and manifests the strength in me to carry out his purpose for my life. His power runs through my body, mind, and spirit to accomplish the future and hope he designed especially for me.


He strengthens us with ALL POWER according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom OF LIGHT. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness, and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. Col. 1:11-14

No comments: