Friday, February 12, 2010

White as Snow



We have officially received over a foot of snow in this last storm. Yesterday morning I took a picture of our car in the driveway. I had actually cleaned it off the night before, so this was additional snowfall through the night. I have never seen snow in Texas like this. When I went around the neighborhood looking at all the snow sculptures people had made it was hard to see what color some of the vehicles were due to the covering of snow.

~~~

I have done countless things in my past that I am not proud of. Sometimes when I get a memory of one of them I start to get a shame attack, even though I know I have asked God for forgiveness and been forgiven. Those things were done by my old self. Trying to change the past is insanity. But those behaviors changed in the future with a relationship with God, submitting myself to the only power that could change me. I was given a testimony of overcoming and a reason for my hope.

Above all, I remember that Jesus dying on the cross took all my stain of sin away; past, present, and future. Jesus gave me a new heart that has at its center the joy of knowing Jesus and a desire to go and sin no more. Tide cannot take out the stains in my heart, but Jesus has rendered them white as snow. What an awesome God we have!

~~~~~~~~

Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
they shall be like wool."
Isaiah 1:18

No comments: