Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Cleansing Rain






When visiting a nursing home one comes across many smells that are not so pleasant. We have spent much time in the last few months with a friend who is now in hospice care. Sometimes when my husband takes him out to smoke I exit to the outside to catch some fresh air. I have, at the last two visits, been able to fill my lungs with cool, fresh air following wonderful rain. As I walked around I entered a magic tour of tiny planets. Each watery orb became its own universe of wonder. The limbs, leaves, and blooms each held onto the moisture until gravity won and the drops fell away. The droplets ministered to my parched spirit. The Lord strengthened me and satisfied my unrest with the tiniest raindrops. Amazing God we have that stirs up the breezes and makes the skies release the cleansing rain. Amazing God that knows when one of his children needs but a raindrop to pierce a heart.

~~~~

He covers the sky with clouds;
he supplies the earth with rain...
Ps.147:8

No comments: