Sunday, July 25, 2010

Freedom






I have seen many beautiful sunsets lately in north Texas. It has been a double blessing to see flights of birds streaming through peachy skies at dusk. I imagine myself popping out wings from my shoulder blades and joining them to their destinations.

Sometimes my daydreams of flight come from wanting to run away from my circumstances. Other times they are quite joyful as I stretch unafraid for a flight on a current of wind, trusting God to guide my path across the uncharted skies of my future. I see how much I become less free when I am trying to work things out 'my' way. I know God wants us to be free, for he said in his word, "If the Son, therefore, has set you free, you are free indeed!"

Take flight, expressing your freedom under His wings. He is leading by His love and Spirit, to where He would have us go.

~~~

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Cor. 3:17

No comments: