Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Olympic Peninsula Beaches







When we were hiking trails down to the beaches on the Olympic Peninsula it was a little disconcerting because it was different from what I am used to seeing. The rain forests were full of moss, mushrooms, lichen, slugs, and decaying trees. The beaches were windy and cold, overcast, and filled with gulls that flew way too close. It took a little deep breathing to let myself just be in the space of immense rocks and expanse of waves. The transformation was quite incredible.

I found myself thanking God for the mysteries and things He leads me to that are not clear. The enormity of what I do not understand is overwhelming in the face of oceans and huge cliffs. It amazes me when I look at a huge sky or mountain as well, and know that God made them for us to enjoy. Life is manifesting on misty beaches, glacial meadows, rain forests, and deserts. We truly serve an amazing Creator!

~~~~

By wisdom the Lord laid the earth's foundations,
by understanding he set the heavens in place;
by his knowledge the deeps were divided,
and the clouds let drop the dew.
Proverbs 3:19-20

No comments: