Thursday, September 30, 2010

Don't Give Up!






One of the hard things I have learned (to some degree) is that if you want something you have to be willing to work for it. If you want to get to the hidden lake you must be in condition to walk the long trail. If you want to ski down the mountain you might have to take some lessons and train before going on a ski trip. If you want to fit into those ski pants you must change some eating and exercise habits.

Each of these vistas I could not have seen from the road. I had to walk quite a distance on trails to see them. Each site was a thrill, and its own reward for not giving up. The beauty of such panoramas was enhanced by knowing that so few people get to see them; that I could share them, because of my perseverance, with folks that might never get to view them otherwise. I have these places in my memory, accessible for visits to remember smells, flowers, mountains, and special time with my husband. I treasure them, especially because I worked so hard to get to a place to see them.

I encourage you to persevere, run the race before you, and don't give up!

~~

Do not be one of those who, rather than risk failure, never attempt anything.
Thomas Merton

No comments: