Thursday, October 21, 2010

Set Up







I woke up early this morning to be reminded that there would be a meteor shower from Haley's Comet today and tomorrow. I put on a robe and slippers and put my camera around my neck. I was greeted at the front door with an extraordinary moon and clouds. I used the moon to figure out where the southeast sky would be. I caught a few streaks in the sky, but returned to the moon. A beautiful golden ring had started to form around the moon. The clouds danced across the moon's face as the ring became solid for a few minutes before the moon disappeared behind thick cloud cover. I played with color with the red and blue versions.

This type of thing happens to me all the time. I think I have gone to photograph a particular thing and end up getting something completely different because I was 'set up' to be in place to receive something else incredible from God. This 'set up' factor delights me. I pay attention especially when I think I have a specific agenda. God has positioned me to see something spectacular by getting me on a path and then showing me something I was not expecting. It is like being surprised on Christmas morning with tons of prezzies. I get something wonderful and then something so surprises me because it goes way over the top and was something so grand that I hadn't even asked for! God gives abundantly. I have great expectancy for the 'set ups' to come!

I want to be like Jesus as Proverbs 8 reports...

I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizons on the face of the deep, when he established the clouds above...then I was the craftsman at his side. I WAS FILLED WITH DELIGHT DAY AFTER DAY, REJOICING ALWAYS IN HIS PRESENCE. (emphasis mine)

No comments: