Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Tent for the Sun






In the heavens He has pitched a tent for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion. Ps. 19:4-5
~~~~~

I love this verse from Psalms! It literally gives me shivers. I sometimes think a sunrise is so stunning that it must be the assigned day the chariot will come bursting through and He will be riding on the clouds.

I have turned my attention again to remembering a time to catch each day's sunrise and sunset. My friend Jim often called to remind me to look outside in the evening at a particularly stunning sunset. He would give it a rating and we would sometimes argue over the number given, as if we should be bold enough to judge God's painting of a sky. Pretty funny when I think of it that way!

I thought this morning that the jet flying through the sky was sort of a nuisance that broke up the pristine panorama. But God reminded me that He put the intelligence in us to create a jet plane that could carry us through the firmaments and look at the earth below. Those times during a flight when I have been able to see a mountain range from above or a large body of water meandering through hundreds of miles of forest or canyon only increase my amazement, love for, and belief in our mighty Creator.

No comments: