Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Send Forth Your Light




Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.
Psalm 43:3

I was noticing from the plane, as we passed over many small lakes that the sunlight would reflect in the water and make it appear as molten lava. Then I noticed in front of the wing a huge lake in the distance. I waited as the wing passed over it to capture the sun's rays reflected on the immense surface. I didn't know if the whole lake would be cast in the golden light or just in portions. Much to my delight, the whole body of water was drenched in gold.

I continued to watch the process of light washing over the terrain below and noticed the river feeding into the lake became a very clear path of gold. It reminded me of another beautiful Psalm:

Your word is a lamp unto my feet
and a light for my path.

~~~~

May you walk today in His Light, and reflect it as well!

No comments: