Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Skywatcher



I have, for as long as I can remember, been captivated by the times while skywatching that I could see the sun and the moon at the same time of day. This particular morning in Utah last weekend the sun had come up and the moon was just ready to dip behind the mountain. What a grand, yet intimate God we have!

A few words from my song
SKYWATCHER, copyright 1999

I have travelled in the skies;
Looked down through clouds, beguiled.
You are no less an awesome God
Than when I sought you as a child.

I become the little girl again
In awe of your creation;
and I smile and know
You are the same forever.

How can you be so grand
to span the moon and stars,
yet hold my hand?

~~~~~~~

It is good to know that there is no place I can go on the Earth or above it that He is not there!

~~~~~

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
Ps. 139:9, 10

No comments: