Saturday, February 2, 2008

Freedom




We were driving through the Ft. Worth Nature Center recently when we saw this huge bird perched in a limb hanging over the road. As we got closer, he effortlessly lifted off the branch and seemed to be suspended in the air. He had caught the currents, and barely moved left or right for what seemed like a very long time. Usually, catching a wingspan of a larger bird is not an easy task. But in this case, his lack of motion as he hovered above us gave me opportunity to capture his beautiful wings. After looking at several possible matches, I think he is a hawk. If you know otherwise, please let me know.

I can't help but think of freedom when I see large birds fly so gracefully through the air. Then to see one seemingly stop, yet still be suspended in the air, is quite beautiful to behold.

I know that the legacy of freedom-stealers is strong in generations past. Believe me, there are plenty that daily search for a chance to drag me back into the pit. But I know my inheritance in Christ is freedom. In my weakness He is strong. Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world.

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
Galations 5:1

2 comments:

karen said...

Amen.
Spread your God-given wings and fly free--don't let anyone pull you back.

Connie said...

u 2, sista!