Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Many Sparrows





A friend brought a 'Bird' book to church to help me identify the hawk in a previous posting. It got me to thinking about some of the beautiful birds I have photographed in my travels. The top one is a Downy Woodpecker, and the second is a Steller's Jay. Both of these beauties were in my friend's front yard on Evergreen mountain in Colorado.

The third is a duck that made a beautiful reflection as he paddled through the autumn colors mirrored by trees alongside a lake in Central Park in New York City. It was a delightful surprise to see such a pastoral sight in the middle of a sprawling, buzzing metropolis.

Whether the 'sparrow' be found on a mountain or in a city, God knows every one.

Five sparrows are sold for only two pennies, and God does not forget any of them. But God even knows how many hairs you have on your head. Don't be afraid. You are worth much more than many sparrows. Luke 12:6-7

God is our keeper and protector. He is in control, and knows what we need.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Oh, Connie - these are beautiful photos! I can certainly see that you have an eye that delights in the Lord along with your heart. I hope you can understand what a blessing this is to me and others that see your work and hear how each sight gives you a thought from the Lord. I've been watching and reading when I can, but the world has me wrapped up in taxes!

I was worrying today about the path I am on. This scripture was so soothing and the photos drew me in. God bless you.

Connie said...

Missy, we are all given gifts to encourage the body...I am beyond grateful that there are ones like you that can do the taxes and numbers. He needs every 'one' to do what he put in them! I heard that where our gifting and our passion intersects is our sweet spot. When I can get out and take pictures I definitely feel like I am in it. Thanks for your encouragement. It is, no doubt, one of your gifts for the body!