Thursday, June 16, 2011

Telling Stories






Generation after generation stands in awe of your work;
each one tells stories of your mighty acts.
Psalm 145:4
The Message

~~~~

These photos were taken at Lake San Cristobal near Lake City, Colorado. I had seen the lake from an overlook a couple of times on previous trips, but never traveled around its perimeter before. The scenes of peaks, water, grasses, and trees were intoxicating.

There were lots of inlets and grasses extending into the lake to provide places for wildlife. I spied this family of Canadian geese from afar, and slowly made progress towards them in hopes that they would stay close for a photo op. I saw the parents scoot their youngsters toward the water, where they embarked for a swim. The youngsters were surrounded by their parents as they left a beautiful "V" of waves behind them.

~~~~

My blog is about telling stories of the Lord's power and majesty. As I stand before mountains, wildflowers, waterfalls, butterflies; wherever He sends me, I an indeed in awe of His work. I especially love to see generations of wildlife. I have been privileged to see moose, elk, deer, bears, buffalo, fox, marmots, and waterfowl with their young.

As these particular youngsters found themselves surrounded by their parents, I hope you will have a hunger to travel alongside God and your hearts will increase in love for Him and your fellow travelers, including all the wonderful animals that have been put on the earth.

No comments: