Friday, October 31, 2008

Renewed Youth







Praise the LORD...who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Psalm 103:1,5
~~~~~~~~

I am always glad to revisit the birds that soar over the meadow and through the front yard of the cabin at Evergreen. It is a treat to round the corner by Evergreen Lake and see the birds on the spillway. I can always count on seeing the magpies and jays come in for a little morning critter crunch. But the delight of bird watching was one on the way out of a hidden road we found near Crested Butte. This winged fellow (second from the bottom) simply floated in one place as it seemed suspended without effort or movement for the longest time. We watched, amazed that it didn't seem to move an inch, but was held in place by the unseen currents of wind. We were mesmerized; I don't know how long we watched the bird. It seemed like a long time, but in reality might have not been more than a minute.

I struggle under my own 'power' to get to where I think I am going. In truth, my youth is renewed and my spirit rejuvenated when I rest in the currents under the shadow of His wings. God stopped us in our tracks and treks to watch a bird, and be reminded. We were touched with a gift of 'knowing' without understanding. The astonishment and wonder of children of God...at His unending demonstrations of His awesome, breathtaking and breath giving nature.

~~~~~

Even though we could not see the currents of wind,
we believed in Him, and were filled with inexpressible and glorious joy.

No comments: