Thursday, August 6, 2009

Just One



I have had so many extraordinary experiences on vacations lately and have returned with a thousand pictures. I have found myself posting connected pictures several at a time. I want to share the beauty of the places I have been fortunate to see this year. But the past few days I have felt the message that I needed to post JUST ONE picture and revel in its simplicity. That is why you see just one picture today of the hummingbird moth I photographed this noon. It is awesome to watch how God matches up the giver and the receiver~~sometimes difficult to discern which is which. We can be both at the same time, I believe. We are beings created in a way to be givers and receivers in the Body.

Today I got to visit a friend in the hospital after having surgery to remove a cancerous tumor. I took a mutual friend with me and we got to spend some time together afterwards in a garden, and then share some lunch. We had ministered to our friend and poured out what God had put in us for him. Then God filled us back up again with a walk in a garden and a healthy lunch. Taking time to balance other and self care is a wonderful way to spend a day, Just One at a time.

~~~~~

Taste and see that the Lord is good!

Give us THIS DAY our DAILY bread.

No comments: