Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Gram Sandwich






I kept two of my grandchildren today while my daughter went to a medical class. I had gotten a shirt and some sunglasses for my grandson, and some skorts for school for my granddaughter. I found some sunglasses in my stash as well that I gave her to match the sundresses I made her from a sleeping shirt she brought over to use as a pattern.

Faith has loved fuchsia and purple forever, so when I pulled out this yardage I knew it would be well received as a long summer dress. The short one with sunflowers was a remake from a very large size Acapulco shirt I found at a garage sale. I put it away until the idea came to match the remake.

We went around the corner to Subway after a vote of choices. I was able to get a gluten free sandwich there as well, and we enjoyed a great lunch together.

My husband Skyped us from Israel, and it was great to see and talk to him with the kids here. Phone and computer problems at the first of his trip made the days very long without voice communication.

When my daughter came to pick them up after her class I was blessed to be a gram sandwich surrounded in a big hug by my daughter and grandchildren. Much joy and laughing today!

~~~

He will fill your mouth
with laughter
and your lips
with shouts of joy.
Job 8:21

1 comment:

Mona said...

Nothing better than a Gram sandwich. Nothing!! :-)