Tuesday, October 30, 2007

God's Garden



I was amazed when I looked out of my mountain window at this unexpected palette of colors in morning light. I expected yellows and oranges; even some reds. But this combination was quite stunning. I was equally drawn to the many colors on the pepper in my friend's garden. Both reminded me that God plants a garden pleasing to the eye and good for food (Gen.2:9)

Thank you Lord for how you paint the harvest and the autumn forests. Thank you for providing our food in such varied textures, colors, flavors, and shapes. Thank you for flooding your creation with such abundance and beauty!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the purples and greens together in the first picture of leaves. Beautiful!

karen said...

That is gorgeous!

Connie said...

yeppers, I couldn't stop staring at those unusual autumn leaf colors...guess I had God's fall paint selections in a box!