Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Wind


Sometimes in the land of aspen trees the wind is heard swelling from afar.
The "quaking" of the leaves almost sounds like rainfall.
Once experienced, you can hardly wait to see and hear it again.
Though the wind is invisible, its effects can be seen
as the flittering of leaves moves like a tidal wave
or ray of sun across a hillside.
It is as if the Holy Spirit has swept through, and you
were standing in the wave of the rapture.
These kinds of impressions can draw you to God.
That is why I send out Picture the Word;
believing that what He has let me see for you

through my lens will draw you closer to Him.
***********

"The wind blows wherever it pleases.
You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from
or where it is going.
So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."
Jn. 3:8

6 comments:

karen said...

love it!

Bar L. said...

Connie, is this one of your own photos? Its spectacular.

I am glad to meet you!

(also, is that a pink leather jacket? I really like it)

Missy said...

The quaking of the leaves does sound like rainfall!

Connie, these are beautiful words, a gorgeous picture and a perfect scripture. Thank you for sharing!

Connie said...

Karen, thanks for your helping me
become a blogger!

Connie said...

barbara,
I love bright colors, so sitting in a field of fragrant BLUEbonnets, wearing a HOT PINK
leather jacket...oh happy day!
thanks for the welcome!!

Connie said...

missy,
I got to experience New England autumn when a friend lived in Vermont. Now I do an annual autumn trip to Colorado. It is wonderful to get out of the big city and listen for the quaking of aspen!