Thursday, December 13, 2007

By Faith


Sometimes I get a photograph that my friends call a "God shot." The interesting thing about going digital is that I see immediately, without having to wait for film, what showed up in the picture. There is evidence of things in the photo that my eye did not see. But there was a call of deep to deep that drove me to take the picture.

What delight when I realized that taking a picture of the wreath on my front door captured a Texas sunset in the glass at the center! The Father of light and life gave me a light show smack dab in the middle of the wreath I hung to honor the babe we celebrate this season.

We received the light when we believed on him, the Word that was with God that became flesh. Those first enthusiastic responses of faith are fired again when He reveals himself in photographs such as this one. When I am stirred by the spirit to shoot some photos, I know by faith that there is something He wants to show me. I have confidence that responding to the nudge of God's will actually stimulates hope and perseverence in me that likewise can encourage others in their faith. I think that pleases God. He is always the proper object of genuine faith, and richly rewards it. He nudges us to seek him; find him. He delights in being found!
~~~~~~~
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Hebrews 11:6

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1

2 comments:

karen said...

Try my comment agin!

This is the second time this a.m. that I received the Heb 11:1 verse...receiving!!
Looks like a kind of peace symbol in there, too.
Peace!

Connie said...

Isn't it great how God strengthens and confirms his word? We have a PERSONAL God, AMEN!