Saturday, December 8, 2007

Treasure




For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Luke 12:34

I received a package in the mail yesterday that was worth more than silver or gold. My Colorado friends sent me a package full of the mountain. It contained fresh green boughs, a great book, chocolate, and precious fox and moose ornaments.

I thought about putting the boughs together with the wired ribbon enclosed so I could hang it on my front door. But God led me to exactly where all the gifts should reside: a treasure chest. The chest lives in the front hall, but now is full of smells, tastes, thoughts, and heartstrings from Evergreen. It reminds my heart that the simple gifts, many times the least expensive, are the ones we hold dear.

~~~~~

SHOULD I START A "COLORADO" TREE
TO DISPLAY THESE HEART GIFTS BEST?
ME THINKS THEY'LL REST ON MOUNTAIN GREENS
IN A FITTING TREASURE CHEST!

No comments: