Sunday, March 30, 2008

Do not Worry About Tomorrow



This poor little guy seemed to me like he was trudging off to a work day, or some worrisome situation. Often, when our family is together on Sunday night, one person will stutter "I...I...I," and a few will chime in together..."I don't want to go to work tomorrow!" This penguin's body language struck me in the same way as we humans start dreading the work week in the midst of play and rest on the weekend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have often found some life verses skirting more popular, oft-quoted scriptures. I knew the jewel I was looking for was right after one I recently quoted on my blog. I searched the recent entries and found this nugget which follows the much treasured Matt. 6:33...

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matt. 6:34

That "one day at a time" slogan? Not new...very, very old {c;
Wisdom, indeed, to stay in the day.

No comments: