Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hold Fast




But you are to hold fast to the LORD your God.
Joshua 23:8


Some days I feel like I am hanging on by a rope. Through loss or sickness I think I might die. Sometimes it is even harder to watch someone we love go through an illness or loss than if the circumstance were our own.

But we are to pray in all circumstances and hang on to that tiny reed...it is the very hand of God. His angels minister to us and He collects our tears. He is the provider of the reed, the rope, the bridge, the hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Connie,
This posting, "Hold Fast" is so appropriate of our loss of Oreo. I know now what you went when you lost your puppy. When I heard that rain is forcasted for early tomorrow morning, I asked Jim if we could get a tarp and cover the area, I didn't want Oreo to get wet! I feel like I'm at the end of my rope, but I will never let go, holding on with all of my might, even to the last bare thread. Love you, precious Sister-In-Christ!!

Connie said...

JoJo,
Yes, I know how your heart is hurting. I could hardly stand my DooBears being in the cold ground outside of our bedroom window, but knew her spirit was free; and that I would see her again.