Monday, March 10, 2008

Dwelling Place





I've had the pleasure of being able to hang out with the BUTTERFLIES IN THE GARDEN in Ft. Worth last week. I stayed in the tropical setting for an hour, walking the paths through tropical plants laden with fruit and flowers. The smells, colors, and delight in chasing the butterflies filled up my senses with delight. It made me wonder how exquisite will be the courts of the Lord!

How lovely is your dwelling place,
O Lord Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints
for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out
for the living God.
Psalm 84:1-2

2 comments:

Missy said...

Connie,

I think what I am loving so much about your blog is it is such a connection to home for me. This event at the Botanical Gardens has always been a tradition for the kids and I. It could make me very sad, and I could be visiting other sites that remind of home that WOULD make me sad - and envious.

But again, this scripture about where my dwelling place really is - it helps me bring my homesickness to God. Last week, a transfer back to Texas that my husband applied for did not fall through, and I have been a bit depressed. I am grateful for this post.

When you do get that sunset picture on the street called Missy - I may have to ask permission to make an enlargement. I've been daydreaming about hanging a Texas sky picture in my living room. :)

karen said...

Beeyouteeful!