Wednesday, May 27, 2009

In Remembrance






Well, I wasn't going to post again before leaving on vacation. However, on the way to the post office this morning, I passed this gorgeous blooming cactus. It reminded me of my uncle who passed away last fall.

I remember during my mother's and my visit to Arizona to see him how he loved the place he lived. He could see Superstition Mountain from his backyard. He wanted, though in failing health, to drive us up into the mountains to see some of his favorite places. It was a lovely time which provided many special memories.

I recall looking at a coffee table book of blooming cacti. He brought out several for me to look at so I would know the names of the ones I was photographing. He talked about how the cars were lined up just like for Texas bluebonnets when all the cacti were blooming in Arizona as they towered above the wildflowers on the ground. The pictures were stunning.

So, this morning, I remember how the desert blooms. In the midst of his pain he was sharing with us some of the abundance in a dry place.

~~~~~

The desert and the parched land will be glad;
the wilderness will rejoice and blossom.
Isaiah 35:1

No comments: