Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lessons from the Garden #5





I can honestly tell you that I love to photograph thistles in all stages of their growth. But I wouldn't want them growing in my yard. I can assure you that our HOA would even be more upset!

They remind me, even as I have gotten in the midst of many to get a picture, that going into a field of beautiful but treacherous thistles will leave one with scratchy regrets. We are often drawn to pretty or forbidden pathways that are not right for us. They will cause us and others pain, and finally ending at the pain of regret for not being obedient to what we know was right.

No shaming here...which of us can throw the first stone? But we can go out from being hung in the thistles to wanting and trying to listen for that voice of direction when we are weak.

The doggies in the photo know this modern day lesson:

Tis a modern epistle
to stay away from the thistle.
If we take such a course
we end up with remorse.
If it is help that you seek
remember God helps the weak.

~~~~~

When my spirit grew faint,
then You knew my path. In the way where I walk
they have hidden a snare for me.
Ps. 142:3

1 comment:

karen said...

Haha! I love your pictures. All of these are great.
Love dat orange-eared doggie!