Thursday, March 4, 2010

Looks like...





When I was adding walnuts to my cereal this morning I noticed how much a half walnut resembles a butterfly. There is mimicry all through nature of such similarities. Sometimes flowers will look like birds or animals/plants will take on colors to camouflage themselves or appear to be a poisonous specimen.

I am so captivated by butterflies and the transformation they go through in their cocoons to become something so beautiful. The analogy has been made probably millions of times, but applies to how we are transformed into beauty from ashes, from failures, from death of old self, to what God would have us be. That birthing process is most often painful. It involves submission. Most human beings do not find that a pleasant experience. Especially since it seems we face it over and over again. Willingness to die to old ideas, old self, is the key to being clay to the Master. I want to look like Jesus, so I continue to press in to turning my will and my life over to His care; to do with me as He wills.

No comments: