Thursday, March 25, 2010

Transformation




My husband's college roommate reminded me about my birthday last week that every moment really is a birthday. We are not the same as what we were, nor what we will become. I look a lot more gray and wrinkled than I did 40 years ago when I graduated from high school or five years later when I graduated from college. But I know that God is transforming me into beauty from ashes.

This Blue Morpho is quite ordinary and commands little attention when it is closed up. But until it closes there is a gleeful throng of children at heart trying to get a peek at the gorgeous blue wings fluttering magically through the tropical mist. Each seeker hopes it will land soon, just for a second, with wings open. The rare moments when I have found one open are taken as wonderful gifts of divine appointment.

I just recently saw Alice in Wonderland. Several times Alice was told she was not the Alice that was there previously, and she was not the Alice that could face the coming dangers. However, she was BECOMING that person. She was being grown and transformed to be able to accomplish tasks, fight battles, and make mature decisions.

Isn't it comforting and exciting to know that we are being transformed from glory to glory?
Isn't it nice to know we are works in progress in the hands of the potter?

~~~

Offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God~~this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is.~~his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:1-2

No comments: