Monday, March 29, 2010

Shining Ever Brighter



One of the sights that can bring me to my knees is seeing rays of light fan out through a sunrise or sunset sky. Equally as stunning are the rays streaming through a forest. The God rays make me stop what I am doing and just rest in God's presence. I can go forth reminded that He calls me to be salt and light. He gives me His righteousness and the desire to shine ever brighter till the perfect day when He calls me to Himself.

Do not think that I am boasting of my own righteousness. I am, instead, boasting of the true light of which we have been given the right to reflect as His children. We are rays sent out unto our days to be beacons that point towards our wonderful, awesome author of Light.


~~~

The light of the righteous shines brightly...
Proverbs 13:9

No comments: