Wednesday, March 31, 2010

How is your Bucket?





I found these bucket orchids in different stages of maturity throughout the conservatory housing the Butterflies in the Garden. I could see by their 'posture' that they were in position to receive food and drink. Their faces were turned upwards in anticipation of being filled. I think we could learn much from these tropical beauties!

We are buckets in many ways. Sometimes we have holes in our buckets that leak, and we are never satisfied. We may try to fill the holes with possessions, food, games, drugs or alcohol, or works of a million choices. What gives us peace? I have found the only lasting peace comes from being willing to have my bucket filled with the Holy Spirit. He guides me, intercedes for me, leads me throughout my journey here in this earthly tent. I am so grateful that my filling is something I can't demand or earn, but is freely given by faith through grace.

~~~

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled.
Matthew 5:6

No comments: