Monday, March 29, 2010

Persuaded




One of my recent visits to the Butterflies in the Garden affored an opportunity to photograph these mating butterflies. These pairs will only live a short time, and the eggs will probably not hatch before the end of the event. Their lives are incredibly short, and ours are not much longer in the grand scheme of time. We are but a vapor.

God has made in us desires to create; to leave something of ourselves when we die. Sometimes that is offspring, but also the work of our hands and minds. My mind goes to what kinds of memories my family will have through many of the stories, pictures, and songs I have produced. I hope, in those venues and many more ways, that I will be able to leave them a loving heritage. I envision them looking through those pieces of my creation while on earth and knowing that I love them.

Scripture tells us that nothing, even death, can separate us from His love:

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39

No comments: