Friday, May 20, 2011

Cathedrals





Wildflowers this season have been filled with those seeking their nectar. I especially loved how these two butterflies entered deeply into the pink primrose blossoms. It is as if the flowers are cathedrals that draw the butterflies, moths, and bees in to seek the sweetness of the Lord. It is their purpose to carry the sweetness and pollinate other flowers; to serve in spreading the splendor of the Lord; to enable others to bloom.

The fragrance and quiet places of these blooms helps me, as well, enter into a cathedral of the spirit, teaching me to be still and taste His sweetness. When I have been quiet and filled with this splendor how can I do less than the butterflies and carry in service the message of his great love and beauty?

~~~~

Worship the Lord
in the splendor of his holiness;
tremble before him, all the earth.
Ps. 96:9

No comments: