Monday, May 9, 2011

How sweet it is...




I had an amazing weekend with my husband. Most of it was centered around Mother's Day, but some was about our regular attempt to really spend time with each other on the weekends. We had a lovely dinner in the West 7th area of Ft. Worth on Saturday night. I got a delicious gluten free pizza at Fireside Pies, then some wonderful frozen yogurt for dessert.

Before retiring he asked me if I wanted breakfast in bed or to go out somewhere for breakfast. I opted out of both, since we would be going out for dinner with the family, and had to be at church early to rehearse for choir. Upon rising I found this lovely vase of yellow roses on the counter. What a guy!

After church we went shopping and made a pretty big purchase of new, smaller living room couches. Since downsizing our house, our overstuffed couches with a million pillows are really too big for the smaller room.

We met our kids at Bobo Tea House Noodles and had a yummy dinner, then returned home to make some freshly baked cookies to go along with Kroger's Private Selection ice cream flavors of Chocolate Ganache and Black Raspberry Dark Chocolate Chunk. Believe me when I say either flavor will make your eyes roll back in your head. Yummo!

It was an outrageously special weekend. I will continue tomorrow with some kid/grandkid stories. My entire family was so loving, but I can tell you it all began with this wonderful man I married. How sweet it is to be loved by him. I think more than any other person I have ever known that he exhibits the fruits of the spirit. Living with this man has helped me be a better person, no doubt. I am truly blessed.

~~~~~~

Galations 5:22

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

No comments: