Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Piles of Smiles





My girls both gave me gifts of writing for Mother's Day. I have told them that I would much prefer a love letter to stuff. They gave me my heart's desire.

It is also great fun to pile up for a picture. It was interesting that Papaw, Faith, and Ashlyn all had on turquoise. Gram and Riley had on outfits of blue and green. Charlie was happy to be wearing the orange shirt with a big bug on it that I found him the day before.

It is wonderful to play together. I hope as they grow into times where they will want to spend more time with their friends instead of their grandparents that they will cherish the memories of these times when they were young and piled together on our laps giggling, smooching, tickling, and just loving each other. I find these times we are being able to be close to children and grandchildren in the spirit of love are so precious.

~~~

And may the Lord make you
increase and abound in love
to one another and to all.
1 Thessalonians 3:12

1 comment:

Mona said...

Not coincidentally, I received the same gifts for Mother's Day from my girls. I will treasure those beautiful notes forever. Who needs stuff anyway? We have love!!! Glad you enjoy your blessings as I do mine, Connie!!

ps: I like your hair longer!!