Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hummingbird



Before my recent trip to Colorado I was hoping the hummingbirds would be there. I also greatly desired to see 'Light' the fox again. Just so you know my list of 'I wants' was not deficient, I also wanted to see a bear and a moose. I ask boldly and abundantly. I believe that so often we do not have because we do not ask.

But I also believe that God does not indiscriminately give all things on a list just because we ask. I didn't see a moose, although where the moose tracks were it might have been better not to have seen him right there on foot far away from the car. I didn't see a bear, either. I didn't see 'Light.' HOWEVER, I saw six different adult foxes and three kits. I saw lots of deer, elk, and antelope. I saw wildflowers I've never seen before. But the hummingbirds were in abundance everywhere; especially half a dozen that zoomed from their perches in neighboring branches up to the hummingbird feeder and hanging plants right outside the kitchen window.

I think I got a pretty good deal!

~~~~~~~~~~

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!
Amen.
Eph. 3:20-21

No comments: