Thursday, June 5, 2008

New things I declare





I am back from Colorado, and am anxious to share with you the wonderful things I saw there. I was hoping to see 'Light' but instead, 'Ember' was waiting in on the hill by the cabin when we arrived. We took an instant liking to each other. The second picture is her baby, 'Sticker.' The third picture is of an even younger kit we saw in Evergreen. Seeing the different foxes each day was such an incredible experience.

I was wanting to see a moose or bear on this trip, but God had many new things to show me. I got to see massive meadows full of river ribbons and alpine flowers. I saw numerous barns and went to sleep by the sound of rushing waters churning wildly with the spring thaw of heavy snow. I saw wildflowers that I've never seen before. I saw an array of wild iris in the open space across from my favorite fence that underlines the beauty of the layers of meadow, aspen, mountains, and the snow-capped Mt. Evans.

I got to see, in just a few days, the leafless aspen groves go from grey to light yellow-green to full green. The transformation in the spring is as fast as the changing of color in the fall. Before I left Evergreen Mountain I was able to hear an approaching wind by the quaking of the aspen leaves.

I was filled with the promise of new life; seeing new creatures and flowers, new territory. I am renewed for having been there at a different time of year. I hope you will continue to check in and see the wonderful things that God put in front of my lens.
~~~~~~~~~~

Isaiah 42:9-10

See, the former things have taken place,
and new things I declare;
before they spring into being
I announce them to you.

Sing to the Lord a new song,
his praise from the ends of the earth.

No comments: