Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hidden (NOT!)




I took my camera with me on my walk through Doane College campus on my second morning walk in Nebraska. The light streaming through the trees and landing on stunning flower beds was extravant! As it danced through leaves and around these incredibly long trunks of such stature, my spirit was laughing and my eyes were feasting on the menu of beauty before me.

I am very sensitive to light, design, color, and movement; especially when I have my camera in hand. I had noticed the handsome design of the leaves and seed pods on a particular tree. As my eye followed the blue sky and leaf design, it found its way to the very top of a particular tree. I was about ready to take the picture when I realized there was a little guy staring back at me right in the center of my focus on the sky and leaves. He held himself totally still, but knew that I was looking right at him. He seemed to have an attitude of astonishment that I could find him way at the top of this tree. He had been skittering around on the ground earlier, perhaps gathering nuts in the cool morning to put away in his winter storehouse. I had lost track of where he had gone.

Perhaps he could hide from me, but God knew where he was going before he got there!
~~~~~~~~~

We have boldness without judgment to think that we can watch anything, think or speak anything, do anything, or be anywhere without God's knowledge. We are so foolhardy in useless hiding. We might as well tell on ourselves. He knows where we have been and where we are going. He wants to guide our paths and be asked to search our hearts.

Search me, O God, and know my heart. Ps. 139:23

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far edge of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. Ps. 139:9

Not a creature is hidden from his sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. Hebrews 4:13

No comments: