Monday, September 15, 2008

We Come 'Round Right



I remember singing a song called SIMPLE GIFTS that I think is also known as LORD OF THE DANCE. It has a wonderful verse in it:

When true simplicity is gained,

To bow and to bend, we shan't be ashamed.

To turn, turn, will be our delight

'Til by turning, turning, we come 'round right.
~~~~~~~~~~

As I was walking with my sister-in-law on campus, she pointed out this tree limb. I wondered what had made it turn. It was quite large, yet had managed to straighten itself out again after turning a full circle. This wasn't a little shoot...it was a huge limb.

Since then I have wondered what God would give me for this picture. When I ran into the words of SIMPLE GIFTS the idea came to me. In my life I have made some very bad choices. But I know first hand that God runs to meet the prodigal sons (or daughters) when we choose to turn back to him. He is waiting with a banquet, and maybe even a dance!
~~~~~

Dance, Dance, wherever you may be.

I am the Lord of the Dance, said he.

And I'll lead you all, wherever you may be,

And I'll lead you all, in the dance said he.
(also from SIMPLE GIFTS)

No comments: