Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Resting Place





I will be traveling to Colorado next week, and cannot wait to see which fox might be waiting for me in the front yard, watchfully resting on the hill by the front porch. I got to know Light and Ember well enough to feed them peanuts. Unbelievably beautiful animals along with the jays, bears, deer, elk, squirrels, hummingbirds, and assorted wildlife have become such a draw for me to go spend time on the mountain that has become my own resting place.

A resting place can be a physical locality, but also a state of mind. The last few days have been invitations to gloom and doom, and speaking out lack and failure. How about speaking out abundance, health, and gratitude, instead??? There is a resting place for your faith:~~~

1 Cor 2:4-9
My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.

We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age, or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.

It is written:
"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him."

3 comments:

Missy said...

Oh, from a place of unrest, I must shout a hearty, "God bless you, Connie!"

I look forward to what you bring back from your trip - both in beauty and wisdom. :)

Connie said...

Missy,
I caught myself commiserating in the negative stream and decided I'd better get back in the living water!!!

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable!!!! The fox looks like it sat down for a portrait session with you. hahaha

The lighting is perfect. Everything is perfect! What a gift from God.