Monday, September 15, 2008

A Tender Rose






I often find myself searching through old and new hymnals, looking for words to encourage myself. They often give me new insight and links to scriptures that I might not have fully appreciated before the wisdom of the word enlightened me through the lyrics of the song. This is one such hymn, "Lo! How a Rose E'er Blooming", an old German carol tune.

3rd verse:

This Flower, whose fragrance tender
With sweetness fills the air,
Dispels with glorious splendor
The darkness everywhere.
True man, yet very God,
From sin and death He saves us
And lightens every load.
~~~~~~~~

I thought it fitting to post some of my favorite rose pictures. Don't know that I will smell a rose again without thinking of the tender fragrance of our Sweet Lord, and lingering for a few moments more.

~~~~

There shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse.
Isaiah 11:1

No comments: