Sunday, September 7, 2008

Through the Waters






On my first morning walk through Doane College Campus I came upon these swans under this fountain. I had seen swans on another pond, but had never been this far west to see the other pair play under the fountain. The second morning I took my camera with me. They seemed quite content to have their morning shower and retreat to the quiet shaded corners of the pond when the temperature rose. They were so graceful as they glided through the fountain rain.

Without knowing that they were purposefully present under this shower, one might think from some of the other views that they were weathering a battering rainstorm or even sleet/snow. As the weather gets cold they are housed and fed in another area on campus. I will always find time to go discover their hiding places when I am in Crete. I often use their images of gliding across the water when I get ready for sleep or want to relax. I don't count sheep...I imagine the Doane swans gliding across the pond.
~~~~~~~~

Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name;
you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
Isaiah 43:1-2

No comments: