Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Birds on Fences








I was quite fortunate to catch all these birds on fences. They seemed to tolerate my stopping to get a memory of their colors and songs. The vulture, hawk, dove, and meadowlark were spotted in Nebraska around Crawford. I will never forget the windows being down, driving through the verdant hills and fields, and hearing in passing the distinct melody of the meadowlark. The beautiful chant seemed to call for a response. Maybe it was because I was singing back to them that they tolerated me getting closer for a picture before they flew away. Or perhaps they were wanting to see what kind of a decent mate would echo in such a dismal attempt to copy a response to their enchanting tunes.

The magpie and swallow were taken in Colorado. The bluebirds hang out in a birdhouse down on the fence that prefaces the view to Mt. Evans.

~~~

...the time of the singing
of the birds is come...
Song of Solomon 2:12

1 comment:

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

I love the one with the hawk. I always look for hawks when we are out and about. I love to see them soar. :) On our canoe trip a couple of weeks ago we saw one flying overhead while we paddled down the Brazos. Beautiful!