Thursday, September 10, 2009

Morning Light







I got a 'heads up' call from my friend Gwen on her way to work about another stunning sunrise. I was around the corner to an open field on Old Denton Rd. in just a few minutes. The sun was amazing, and that is what got me out into the exquisite morning light. When I got home and loaded the pics to the computer, I was at first discouraged because I thought my lens was dirty. But the flecks in the sun picture are birds flying. A bonus! There is always more than meets the eye.

Traveling along this road in the middle of urban sprawl would not give one pause to think there was much pretty in this 'weedy' field. But as I was walking back to the car I saw a bounty of beautiful grasses and flowers that were food to my spirit. Simple broomweed, sunflowers, bindweed, and assorted grasses made the praise surge from my heart to my mouth. Don't we all look awesome when we reflect God's light?

No comments: