Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sanctuary






I finally finished a task that I had been contemplating even before our last trip. We will soon be headed out again to the mountains, so I wanted to get a photograph from the Yellowstone/Jackson Hole area matted and framed to put above my dresser. I wanted this choice, since I have several of just mountain scenes, to include some wildlife. I finally settled on the bull moose we spotted on Wilson Road headed out of Teton Village. He was magnificent, dripping water from his drinking and eating in the pond. He turned to look at me, and I was amazed at how awesome, beautiful, and graceful he was. Oh, I forgot funny-looking. I am crazy about foxes, moose, and bears. All wildlife, really; but these three categories are at the top of my list.

My photographs in my house, and this one will definitely do such duty, are sanctuaries. I can remember the roads, smells, circumstances where they were taken. It is a way I can enter into a spiritual sanctuary, thanking God for his wonderful gifts and be grateful for where all the roads have led.

~~~
Acknowledge Him in all ways and He will direct your path.

No comments: