Friday, September 25, 2009

Skyscraper



Yesterday a plot was revealed to take down this beautiful Dallas skyscraper. 'Fountain Place' is a beautiful dark glass structure that reflects the skies to the passersby on foot and in cars. The angles almost give a feeling of spiraling to the structure. Its destruction would have been a great loss in human, economic, and architectural aspects.

On one of our TRE trips with our grandchildren I was able to get a photograph of this beauty. Aesthetically, it is one of my favorite skyscrapers of all the cities that I have visited. Having it be so close to where we live and being the target of terrorism gives rise to all sorts of concerns. But it will not put me in fear to stop traveling, or visiting Dallas with my kids, or stop leaving my house to enjoy the abundance of life my God affords.

I wonder and pray mostly about the difference in perception of God who says, 'Love your enemies' and God who commands to kill your enemies. I pray for this young man, only 19, who was perceived as being fun, hard-working, a great guy and friend to everyone he met. In contrast, on internet and behind the scenes he was planning the destruction and death of human life and a beautiful structure. To those who say, "How could God let this happen?" I have to present the fact that He gives us free will. Our trouble lies in that freedom.

Yet, our God is able to use for good what is planned for evil.

~~~

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

No comments: