Sunday, April 4, 2010

Where all Roads Lead






We had such a wonderful Easter celebration this last couple of days. Our children and grandchildren spent most of the day with us on Friday. Today we went to a sunrise service at 6:30 and then another at 10:30. The two congregations are joining together. I have experienced so much love in our own family and widening church family this weekend. After all, LOVE is the distinguishing mark of Christ's followers.

We spent time after church with more extended family and returned home about an hour before sunset. I felt compelled to drive out to some of my favorite country roads and spend some more time in prayer with and awe of my awesome Savior. I kept being drawn to vistas of roads. I thought about the fact that no matter what our individual paths or roads are in life, they all eventually lead to death.

I was remembering our pastor's words about the percentage of people who escape death. That would be zero! I believe the quote was credited to Billy Graham that one out of one of us will die. The good news, as Jesus took our place on the cross, is that there is life after that death. He tells his believers that he has gone to prepare a place for us and will come back to take us to be with him where he is.

The bookends of this day have been incredible...
Amazing Love, How can it be? BUT IT IS! Thank you Lord Jesus for what you have done for us. Your love is AMAZING!

No comments: